Hello. Today I'm going to show you the steps of building our claw foot bathtub kits. I'm using the kit in 1/48th scale, but the procedure is the same for both!
The kit includes a tub, two pairs of feet and the taps.
You will also need:
- side cutters or snips
- sharp knife
- cocktail stick
- UHU or similar tacky glue
- Firstly, paint the pieces. Leave the small parts attached to the supports for now.
- If you got any paint on the upper part of the feet, scrape it off with a sharp knife. This will help the glue hold firmly.
- Use a cocktail stick to put a tiny dab of superglue on the upper part of a foot pair.
- Place it across the bath near one end.
- Repeat with the second pair of feet.
- Wait 10mins to be certain the glue is dry, then snip off the support plastic with your side cutters.
- Repeat with the taps. Use blu-tac or tacky glue to attach them to the wall above your bath.
I hope this guide has been helpful. If you'd like to buy the bath kit (or a finished, painted one) it is available in 48th scale and in 24th scale.