Hello. Today I'm going to show you the steps of building our mirror frame kits. I'm using the rectangular kit in 1/48th scale, but the procedure is the same for all!
The kit includes a frame, precut mirror piece and precut card backing.
You will also need:
- side cutters or snips
- sharp knife or pointed tweezers
- cocktail stick
- UHU or similar tacky glue
- Firstly, paint the frame while it is still attached to the supports. Snip them off once dry.
- Slip the mirror piece under the lip of the frame, from the back.
- Use your knife tip or something finely pointed like tweezers, to make sure the edges are tucked under inside the frame.
- Repeat with the cardboard backing piece.
- Use a cocktail stick to run a little bead of glue where the card meets the frame.
- Use a cotton bud, with a lint-free wipe if you have one, to polish off the fingerprints. (I find you cannot avoid them...!)
- Done! So shiny!
I hope this guide has been helpful. If you'd like to buy the mirror kit (or a finished, painted one) it is available here.